Monday, January 6, 2014

Ward Christmas Party


December 7, 2013
I took the kids to the Ward Christmas party tonight while Jeff - crazy Aggie fan that he is - drove through the snowstorm to Logan for the basketball game.

Now before you go judging me for my, well judging, know that I have planned two Ward Christmas parties before. And my job requires planning large meetings, press conferences, etc. But to be blunt honest, the party sucked. The church was FREEZING! I get used to our old church not being warm in the winter or cool in the summer but this was a new low... literally. I ate dinner with my coat and gloves on and was still shivering. Had we not been in a blizzard at the time or the kids excited for Santa, I would have gone back home. The food was the typical nasty, bland ham, baked potato, roll, and a few sparse "Mormon" jello salads. Not even funeral potatoes. Ick. And Santa was only an hour late, which meant there was a gym of freezing cold toddlers and kids running like wild monkeys trying to keep themselves entertained. Sweet. 

I was half-tempted to volunteer to plan next year's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment