Sunday, September 8, 2013

Almost forgot


September 3, 2013
With zippo communication from the school about what day their after school program starts, I kept reminding myself to NOT forget to leave in time to pick Pearl up from school.

Until 3:07 p.m. when one of my staff walked in needing to talk about something and I suddenly realized I was supposed to have left 15 minutes prior.

Did I mention the bell rings at 3:25 p.m.? And that we hadn't really talked about what to do if Mom didn't show up right when the bell rang? No? Well, it does and we didn't.

Sheer panic set in when I realized I was about to do the one thing I always hated about my own mother. That she had forgotten to pick me up. I raced downstairs with my employee in mid-sentence, grabbed Cole, and ran to the truck. I have no idea how fast I was going because I didn't have time to look at the speedometer.

We got there about two minutes before the bell rang and when Pearl ran over to the truck yelling, "Mommy!" I whispered a silent prayer of thanks that I get at least one more day before scarring her for life.

I should have known better than to worry about it all day long. It's sort of like when someone tells you to not think about elephants and what's the first thing that pops up in your mind? Elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment