Sunday, September 8, 2013

First fire


August 23, 2013
Tonight was the first time we've used our new fire "pit." Our fire pit idea sort of morphed into a very expensive patio seating area. But we love it.

After Jeff got the fire going, I realized we didn't have any marshmallows for smores. The kids were totally bummed that our inaugural fire was just that, and not celebrated with gooey, sticky smores.

I'm not kidding, within minutes after telling Jeff that I wish we had some marshmallows for smores, our neighbor kid (I can still call Taylor a kid even at 18, right?) opened the gate and tossed a giant bag of marshmallows at me! Our neighbors rock! They must have smelt the fire and came over. So we broke out the chocolate and graham crackers and shared our first fire with some great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment