Sunday, January 6, 2013

Breakfast for Dinner


January 3, 2013
Pearl and I have a bit of a tumultuous relationship.We fight and nag and push each other's buttons. I can't decide if we are just alike or complete opposites.

We struggle with each other. And I really don't know what to do to fix it... I mean she's only five!

So we took the rare opportunity to have a Girls Night Out while the boys went to Logan for a basketball game. I'm hoping doing something fun, just the two of us, will rekindle the long lost "best friend" status I had pre-Cole.

I asked Pearl where she wanted to go for dinner, fully expecting somewhere that involves fries, hamburgers, and lots of germs on the playland.

Instead she surprised me with a request to go to "that place we went a long time ago when we had breakfast for dinner" aka the V.I. (Village Inn). How she remembered going there more than a year ago I will never know. Apparently having breakfast for dinner is really memorable.

Just as memorable as it's going to be for me when she makes the request to have breakfast for dinner again and I remind her that she changed her mind on the blueberry pancakes she ordered and refused to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment