Sunday, November 3, 2013

Zero Fatalities: A goal we can all live with


October 23, 2013
This is why I do what I do. For the last six years I have had the incredible honor of working with families who have lost a teen in a motor vehicle crash to tell their story. Today was our press conference to release our 6th teen memoriam, "Unfinished Stories." With our press conference over and done with - and extremely well covered by our local media stations - I can breathe again. 

This never gets easier but it is worth every second of time, every email and phone call, every worry, and every tear to make this happen. I love these families. When I catch myself speeding or distracted on the road I see their faces.... I promise I will never forget and I will do everything in my power to ensure their stories live on so no other family has to suffer such a loss.

You can read their stories at http://health.utah.gov/vipp/pdf/MotorVehicle/2012TeenMemoriam_FINAL.pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment