Friday, October 11, 2013

Claude Monet


September 28, 2013
Pearl came home jabbering about some Claude Monet thing at school. I had no clue what she was talking about.

Let me clarify. I know who Claude Monet is, or should I say was. But I didn't understand what she was trying to explain to me about art class and how she is the Claude Monet this time becasue her teacher liked her picture the best. To say Pearl was more than frustrated with me over this would be an understatement.

It finally clicked when I picked her up from school and I noticed a brightly colored bulletin in the hallway. Her art teacher had picked a few students from each grade to be the artists of the month for their impressionism paintings. Once I finally figured out what she'd been trying to tell me, my proud mom side kicked up a notch and I forced her to smile through embarrassed teeth in front of her painting.

That kid. She makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment