Friday, October 11, 2013

"Me Hungry!"


September 29, 2013
Every night... every single night... just as we've got jammies on, teeth brushed, and are heading to bed, the boy starts whining, "Me hungry. Me hungry! Me hungry Mom!"

AHHHH!

I can tell you what Jeff would say about the whole situation. I'm too soft. I need to yell more. I am a pushover. The kid should eat more dinner... or in some cases, any dinner.

He might be right but I have serious unresolved issues with food, especially hunger. Now I know he's not going to starve to death (and yes, I have actually sent him to bed hungry before despite what Jeff might tell you), and I know I need to be tougher on him, but in my mind if I can get his tummy stuffed full, we all sleep better.

Some nights it's applesauce or a banana. But lately it's been cereal. I mean, what better way to go to bed than a bowl full of sugary cereal?

I really am a push over, aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment