Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Weinermobile


October 7, 2013
My Bologna has a first name,
It's O-S-C-A-R.
My bologna has a second name,
It's M-A-Y-E-R.
Oh I love to eat it everyday,
And if you ask me why say,
Cause' Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!!!!

I had the chance to attend a private reception at The Henry Ford tonight as part of the conference I'm at (the National Association of Head Injury State Administrators conference or NASHIA).

Can I just say the Smithsonian has NOTHING on The Henry Ford! It was unbelievable! I mean, it has the 1952 Weinermobile for crying out loud! A huge, absolutely breathtaking building filled with everything you could possibly imagine to document America's history. I'd dare say Mr. Henry Ford was a bit of a hoarder.

I so wish I had brought my nice camera with me. Instead you get stuck with crappy pictures from my phone that will never do the collection justice. It was three hours of running around in awe, trying to soak in everything Mr. Henry Ford found intriguing. I think I may be sneaking out of a meeting to come back and get some souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment