Friday, October 11, 2013

Tender Mercy


September 26, 2013
This isn't a great picture of the sun breaking through the clouds off in the distance, but it's a tender mercy for me.

Every year have the honor of working with grieving families to tell their stories of losing a teen in a car crash. We hold a remembrance event for them and have a grief counselor conduct a workshop. This year, I found out our grief counseler couldn't come at the last minute and I have been sick with worry about what to do. A chance memory of a presentation I'd heard from The Bradley Center for Grieving Children and Families a few years ago on my walk last night and then an early morning phone call - which I expected NO ONE to answer - and the director just happens to pick up the phone and all if fixed.

I an so grateful my Heavenly Father loves these families that He will use me, someone far less worthy of His goodness to help them find some healing... each year everything seems to magically fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment