Monday, February 4, 2013

B for D


January 30, 2013
I hate cooking.

I hate grocery shopping.

I hate meal planning.

But for some reason my family expects dinner every single night. Sheesh! And while I still don't enjoy cooking, grocery shopping, or meal planning, I am getting better at it. Every week I sit down and flip through my Our Best Bites cookbooks and previous meal lists hoping for some inspiration. Lately, I've given Jeff the task of picking one meal during the week. That way I only have six meals to figure out instead of seven.

This week's pick. French toast, eggs, OJ, and strawberries. Or as Jeff calls it "B" for "D" (aka breakfast for dinner).

The kids FREAKED out. And not the good kind of freaking out. The whining, "I hate French toast," this is gross kind of freak out.

Until we basically threatened their lives to try some. Then magically, "I love French toast! Can we have it tomorrow?"

Except for Fern. He preferred to eat eggs only.

No comments:

Post a Comment