Monday, February 4, 2013

Dinners


February 1, 2013
Even though I yell at my kids (and give Jeff the glare of death) every night during dinner that I'm not THAT bad of a cook, I still cringe at the thought of taking someone else a meal.

But it's Mormon culture that when someone has a new baby, or health problems, or whatever hardships have come into their lives that we Mormon women feed them. And since I do try to be more service oriented and friendly, when two of my friends in the neighborhood needed help this week, I decided a meal from even me had to be better than fretting about one more thing in their lives.

So on Monday we took chili to our friends who had their second baby.

And today, I insisted on taking meatballs and rice to a girl I visit teach who also just had her first baby and had to have emergency surgery yesterday.

I hope it helps both of them know I've been thinking about them and hoping all goes well.

1 comment: