Thursday, May 2, 2013

Who Did the "A" Kicking Now?


April 26, 2013
Pearl had a soccer game this morning. Unfortunately for Cole, his team had a bye. Yeah. Try explaining the meaning of a bye to a three-year-old dressed in his uniform and ready to win. Not pretty.

Anyway. When we got to the field, the other team was already there and warming up. Now, I know these are 5 and 6 year-olds but I have to admit, the other team did look slightly intimidating. I mean, they had real cones set up and their coach was trying to get them to do actual soccer drills. Not the fun stretching, cheers, and let's pass the ball to our teammates while saying their names kind of stuff I had in mind.

Jeff whispered in my ear, "You're going to get your asses kicked!"

Have I mentioned I'm the coach?

I lost count of how many goals were scored during the game, but it was at least three. But let's just say after the game, I turned to Jeff and asked him, "Who did the ass kicking?"

Yep. My team is 2-0 for the season with Pearl scoring a goal in each of our first two games. And he doubted my soccer skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment