Sunday, July 28, 2013

Birthday cake surprise


July 8, 2013
I really suck at gift giving. Especially for Jeff.

Birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, random holidays. Jeff always has a nice, thoughtful gift for me. Somehow he manages to listen to random things I say, "oh it would be nice to have (fill in the blank)" that I soon forget. Not sure how he manages to listen to these random tidbits of conversation when he can tune me out when I want to talk about something important. Like our eternal salvation.

Any-hoo. He's just a better gift giver than me.

In my defense though, the man is hard to buy for. I don't have an Aggie apparel store down the street and that's all he seems to want. Or I get chicken with buying him things I think he'd really want because I'm afraid to one, spend that much money (he always wants expensive stuff) and two, pick out said expensive item without him.

So as usual his birthday came and I didn't have a present. We'd also been in Bear Lake all weekend before his birthday making gift buying extremely difficult.

But I did have one surprise up my sleeves.

A cake. And not just any cake. A spice cake with cream cheese frosting made with love by Sandy.

Sandy is a lady who works with Jeff. Sandy is an amazing baker. Sandy can do no wrong when it comes to delectable, sweet treats. Sandy has forever ruined any and all baking attempts by myself because everything I make is compared to Sandy's homemade Reese's or Sandy's cakes or Sandy's cookies or Sandy's... well you get the idea.

Well I called Sandy and asked her to make Jeff a birthday cake and surprise him at work with it. He was in birthday cake heaven (I might have had my share of cake heaven too).

Who's the worst gift giver now?

No comments:

Post a Comment