Thursday, July 11, 2013

Patience



June 8, 2013
My patience was stretched to the limit this morning. Not only was I totally messed up with coming back home after being on Eastern Standard Time for a week, staying up all night doing laundry, grocery shopping, and getting the house back in order, but Pearl's soccer team (which I coach) had a double header this morning bright and early AND team pictures.

Ugh.

It wouldn't have been so bad if our rec league was actually organized. It was a total disaster with pictures. First of all, they never told my team when our pictures were. Then they just let everyone show up when they wanted and stand in a ridiculous line of mass chaos as parents filled out order forms, asked the same questions over and over again, and tried to keep their squirmy and bored teams together. Oh, and if the league had actually scheduled our double header games right, as in telling the other team to actually show up.

I seriously was about ready to pull my hair out and scream!

But it gets better.

After Pearl's games and pictures, we didn't have enough time to go home before starting the entire process all over again with Cole. I was so freaking mad at Cole's coach! He waited an hour after the scheduled time for their team pictures, just in case anyone else was coming. If you can't get there on time or even within a 10 minute window of being on time, then your kid doesn't get a picture. Simple concept.

Plus, it was hot. And with a cranky, tired, impatient mom, kids, and Dad, I pert near didn't make it through the morning and on to the next adventure of the day... Cherry Hill and a BBQ with my family.

Why do I do this to myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment