Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fire pit


July 16, 2013
For nine years, we've neglected one corner of our yard. It was dubbed the "flower experiment bed" because we would plant random starts or flowers we didn't really want anywhere else there. Basically just a pile of dirt.

Until one night when I was walking the dog and had a vision of what to do with it. I came home and told Jeff my brilliant plan to build a small fire pit. I braced myself for his reaction that he didn't want a fire pit there. But instead he was totally game for it! He even upped my fire pit vision with a new paver seating area and sitting walls to make a flower bed.

And thus began the work.

Hundreds of shovels of dirt and wheelbarrow trips as we moved all the dirt. Then truck load after truck load of bedding sand to get the area prepped. Only one more load of bedding sand to go then it's sand, pavers, and then a smores party!

No comments:

Post a Comment