Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cherry Hill with Friends


July 27, 2013
Here's the honest truth.

I am a really bad friend.

It's not that I don't want friends. I do! I love having friends to giggle with and talk to and complain about life with. It's just that I don't make time for them. I used to. I was the type who sent birthday cards, heck even Happy St. Patrick's Day cards, to all of my friends. I never forgot a small gift or card or special occasions. I baked cookies and took treats to people. I stayed up late listening to friends' problems or took them out for ice cream when they were having a bad day.

I'm not sure what happened to that friend. She got married. And had kids. And got old and tired and selfish with her time.

But I am so incredibly grateful for my friends who still make time to catch up with me and force me out of my "oh I'm so busy we have this and that and I can find any excuse to not hang out with you even though I really want to" kind of attitude.

Like Nicole. I met her at work but now consider her one of my very best friends. Our kids are the same age and I just love her! She's a social butterfly and today was one of those times she was not letting me use my typical excuse to get out of having some fun.

We went to Cherry Hill for the day. On the one day in three months that wasn't blistering hot. It was raining and cloudy and cold. But we still had fun swimming, visiting, eating PBJs and the ever present in our home, Cheetos... remember they taste like salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment