Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ooey gooey popcorn


July 20, 2013
I made two batches of my Grandma Jewkes' ooey gooey popcorn for the Peacock Family Reunion this weekend.

I could pretty much sell this at the auction and get my Dad to buy it for hundreds of dollars. It has a lot of sentimental meaning to all of my family.

And a lot of sugar.

Grandma Jewkes' ooey gooey popcorn
2 bags microwave popcorn (4 quarts)
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light karo syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups nuts (cashews or peanuts)
3 cups miniature marshmallows

Mix popcorn, nuts, and marshmallows in large bowl. Melt butter in small saucepan. Add sugar and karo syrup to melted butter. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for three minutes. Add vanilla to butter and stir. Pour melted butter over popcorn mixture. Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment