Thursday, April 25, 2013

LeRoy


April 2, 2013
This is LeRoy. Our furry, four-legged foster child for the week.

She (yes, it's a she and we call her LeRoy... long story) is the sweetest puppy I have ever seen! She snuggles and gives loves and is just so dang cute. It's even rubbing off on Blu-zo (as Jeff has started to call her). Any time LeRoy comes running over for loves, Blu figures she better get in on the action. Even if it means plopping her 80 lb. self right on top of you, slobbering everywhere, and breathing heavily in your face until you give her some affection too.

LeRoy and Blu have gotten along great. And the kids love LeRoy... fine. I admit I sort of am in love with the idea of a temporary "baby" around here too. The first few hours were a tad touchy, with LeRoy hiding under the car in the garage because Blu was being mean. But once I grabbed Blu by the throat (asserting my alpha female status) and told her to be nice, those two have been best buddies. They follow each other around the house and yard all day. The only problem is that LeRoy is a bit of a clepto and has not only taken over Blu's kennel - I'm afraid Blu has decided she is now a "big" dog who doesn't need to sleep in a kennel anymore - but she steals every single toy or treat that belongs to her.

I will say this, getting a puppy with an older, albeit still not mature, dog already has been so much easier than just having one puppy to keep track of. Blu does all the "mothering" for me.

I'm sure gonna miss LeRoy when she's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment